Rosie Glasgow Home Loans Limited (FSP388126) and David Fletcher Mortgages Limited (FSP118111) trading as Mortgage Mentors is an Authorised Body (AB) under the New Zealand Financial Services Group FAP (FSP 286965) Finance Advice Provider licensed by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice. There are no conditions attached to this licence on the advice that may be given.
Our advice and product providers:
Mortgage Mentors specialises in providing financial advice and transactional solutions in relation to mortgages and home loan products.
We help you on your home buying journey whether it be now or in the future.
We can help with purchasing your first home, building a new home, property investment and refinancing.
Our goal is to help you from start to finish and to establish a relationship to assist you on an ongoing basis as your financial situation and needs change.
Primarily we work with the following banks, in the instance that we are to engage with lenders outside this list we will discuss this with you first: ANZ, ASB, BNZ, Westpac, TSB, SBS and The Co-operative Bank.
We also work with non-bank lenders Bluestone, Select, Resimac, PepperMoney, First Mortgage Trust, Liberty, NZCU, Avanti Finance, Basecorp Finance, Sovereign Home Loans and General Finance.
Mortgage Mentors receive commissions from the banks with whom we arrange successful home loans. This means the bank will pay a commission to your financial adviser on the settlement of a loan arranged through us and in some instances ongoing trail commissions.
This commission is used to remunerate the financial adviser who provides the advice, and to pay the expenses associated with running our business including any rent, staff costs and IT resources. From this commission we also pay NZ Financial Services Group Limited for services they provide to us in connection with our authorisation under their licence from the Financial Markets Authority.
We take steps to ensure that the receipt of commissions does not influence the advice we give to you and that our advisers prioritise your interests by recommending the best product for your purpose regardless of the type and amount of commission they may receive.
We do this by:
- Ensuring our advisers follow an advice process that ensures they understand your needs and goals
- Ensuring our advisers receive regular training on how to manage conflicts of interest
- Providing you with a schedule showing commission amounts and types by product provider. This schedule is contained within each Financial Adviser’s personalised Disclosure Guide. Our advisers will provide you with more information about commissions during the advice process.
Unless specifically negotiated in advance, the financial advice that Mortgage Mentors provides to our clients is at no cost to the client.
Conflicts of interest:
If there are any conflicts of interest apart from commission that could potentially influence the advice that we give, these will be shown in your Financial Adviser’s Disclosure Guide.
We are committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any complaints.
In the first instance, please contact your adviser directly. On receipt of a complaint we will consider this following our internal complaints process:
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 24 hours and keep a record of this in our complaints register
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we are unable to, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint, or you are not satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL). Financial Services Complaints Ltd provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint, if I haven’t been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
You can contact FSCL by emailing email@example.com or calling 0800 347 257, or in writing to FSCL, PO Box 5967, Wellington 6145.
Mortgage Mentors and any adviser who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.
We are required to:
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice)
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice is not materially influenced by our own interests
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice.